Casting Terms and Conditions
JENTRY INTERNATIONAL with trading name BY TERRY and offices located at 52a Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BE, United Kingdom (the “Promoter”), is organizing a casting of “real” women for the purpose of an advertising campaign of products under By Terry trademark (the “Casting”). Such Casting is regulated by these terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”). By entering the Casting, you indicate that you fully accept to be bound by the T&Cs.
1. All entrants to the Casting agree to abide by these T&Cs and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude and prosecute entrants for any breach of these T&Cs, including in case shared content is contrary to morality, prejudices the rights of third parties or is of promotional nature. The T&Cs can be consulted on the website www.byterry.com (the “Website”) for the duration of the Casting. The Promoter reserves the right to modify at any time the T&Cs and to adopt all decisions which it may consider relevant for the application and interpretation of the T&Cs. Entrants not providing all requested data or inaccurate, false and/or incomplete data, as well as those failing to meet the T&Cs, will not be admitted.
- Open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over;
- Access to the Internet;
- Maximum of one entry per person.
3. Model Casting period:
Opening date is 11/12/202 at 6:00 pm GMT. Entries close 16/12/2020 at 12:00 pm GMT.
The Promoter assumes no responsibility whatsoever for entries which are not received by the deadline. Entries which are not submitted in accordance with these T&Cs will be invalid.
4. Conditions of participation
To enter the Casting, you must:
- Visit www.byterry.com/bethefaceof ;
- Fill your details in the form;
- Explain, in no more than 80 words, why you would like to be the face of BY TERRY;
- Upload an image and video of yourself:
- Entrants must only submit photos and videos of themselves;
5. Intellectual property and images rights
Entrants shall not submit images that are not original and/or are not recorded by them or that infringe law or rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and/or privacy, honour and image rights). To this purpose, each entrant declares that she owns all rights to the photos. The Promoter shall not be held liable, in any event, of the infringement of the above-referred obligations nor any damages arisen from said infringement
6. Selection process
- Entrants will be selected by the Promoter’s marketing team based on:
- Quality of image and video uploaded
- Suitability for campaign purpose and brand image
- Arguments developed in the text mentioned in section 4.c.
- The selected entrants (the “Models”) will be notified of the Promoter’s decision via email between 17/12/2020 and 18/12/2020 . Entrants that were not selected by the Promoter as Models will not receive any email. Should a selected Model fail to confirm participation in the photoshoot within 24 hours from the date of the Promoter’s decision, another Model will be selected from all valid entries and the original entrant will forfeit the opportunity.
- The Models must be available and willing to travel to London for a full day photoshoot either on the 6th or 7th January 2021 (the “Photoshoot”), further details to follow. Any selected Model who would not be available for whatever reasons at the date of the Photoshoot will be disqualified, another Model will be selected from all valid entries and the original entrant will forfeit the opportunity.
- Content from the Photoshoot will be used as part of the Promoter’s marketing campaign.
7. The Models:
- By entering the Casting, selected Models give their permission for any photos/videos taken during the Photoshoot to be used by the Promoter without any further compensation for up to 10 years for marketing, promotional and advertising purposes from the date of entry. By entering the Casting Model agree to the Promoter publishing these entries on its Website and possible further use on its Facebook account, Instagram account or any other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in the media of the Promoter's choosing without any payment.
- Selected Models will receive a selection of the Promoter’s iconic products under BY TERRY trademark for a global value of £500. Such selection cannot be exchanged, modified nor exchanged for a financial compensation or equivalent. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any products included in the selection by others of equal value without being subject to any claim or complaint.
- Models will have to evidence that they are older than 18 years old by providing a copy of their identity cards or passports in force should the Promoter request it. If a selected Model is under 18 years old, her participation in the Casting shall be automatically void.
8. Travel and accommodation
- The Promoter will not cover travel expenses.
- Accommodation will not be provided by the Promoter and will have to be arranged and paid for by the Model if applicable.
- Promoter and Model will be in contact prior to the Photoshoot to give guidance on wardrobe and any other necessary requirements.
- The Promoter will provide refreshments throughout the day of the Photoshoot.
- Due to the artistic nature of the Photoshoot, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw at any moment any Model who would not be fit for the purpose of the Photoshoot. The Promoter’s decision of withdrawal is final and in the event of a dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, incomplete, corrupted, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries submitted online. The Promoter cannot be held liable for any damage caused to the entrants, their computer equipment and/or the data stored therein. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, delay, interrupt and/or postpone the Casting or to modify all or part of the modalities of the T&Cs without incurring in any liability.
10. Rejected entries:
The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- Contain any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter.
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyright material not owned by you or used without the rightful owner’s prior written permission.
- Defame, misrepresents or insults other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter.
- Promote any political agenda.
11. The Promoter also reserves the right to modify, extend, cut, suspend or cancel the Casting without prior notice due to any event beyond its control and, in particular, in the event of an extraordinary situation or in a case of force majeure or due to a fortuitous event.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. In case of dispute on the application or interpretation of these T&Cs and in absence of amicable agreement, all litigation will be subject to the Courts of London.
13. It is important to highlight that to enter the Casting, the entrants must necessarily provide certain personal information concerning them (name, address, e-mail address, telephone number). This information is necessary to register their participation and to select the Models. The personal data provided by the entrants within the Casting shall be included into a file owned by JENTRY INTERNATIONAL (the “Controller”) for the purpose of managing the Casting.
Entrants acknowledge that the personal data collected:
- are intended to enable the implementation of the Casting;
- are stored by the Controller for the duration of the Casting, that will not, in any case, exceed three years as from their date of collection;
- are processed by the competent services authorized within the Controller, in particular the services in charge of commercial relationship, communication and marketing;
- may be assigned to any entity belonging to JENTRY INTERNATIONAL with the same purposes above mentioned and, therefore, entrants assume that they have been duly informed regarding the first assignment of personal data;
- are likely to be disclosed to any third-party which would act, on behalf of the Controller, in the management of the Casting and/or to any administrative or judicial authority which would require the communication of such personal data;
In case of transfer of personal data outside the European Union, the Controller guarantees that this transfer is framed by one of the safeguards offered by the European Commission.
Pursuant to the GDPR, entrants have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning them, the right to withdraw their consent at any time, as well as the right to object, for legitimate grounds, to the processing or their data. To exercise these rights, entrants should send a letter to the following address: JENTRY INTERNATIONAL, 52a Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BE, United Kingdom (ref. Face of BY TERRY Casting ) or to the following e-mail address: [email protected].
Entrants may also exercise the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement in accordance with Article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation n° 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes said regulation. The user may contact JENTRY INTERNATIONAL at any time at the following address: [email protected] for any concern or question, regarding the privacy of personal data provided to JENTRY INTERNATIONAL.
Entrants authorize the Promoter to carry out any useful verification concerning their identity and address. Any false indication will result in the elimination of the entrant, as well as multiple and proven entries. Entrants authorize the Promoter to use their name, city and place of residence on the Website, without any restriction or reservation, and without this use being able to open right and remuneration.
Each entrant authorizes the Promoter to publish, reproduce and represent its elements on the Website. In view of the nature of the Internet, the entrant knows and accepts that the elements may be associated with different contexts, other elements, used as hypertext links or exploited in part.